After a very poor and depressive year (with a few highlights), 2012 ended with a good sign of a possible good year. At the outset, 2013 looks to be a much better year than 2012. It is my contention, despite my inner demons telling me the opposite, that this year will indeed be a better year! I am putting a ‘resolution’ list together to act as a contract-as-it-were with myself to improve and move onto better things. But with most ‘New Year’s Resolutions they either are forgotten or fail. I will not call this list a ‘New Year’s Resolution List”, but instead more of a Life Change Resolution list. Things I endeavour to accomplish in 2013. So here goes.
1) Financial. With the refinancing of the car(thank you Partners FCU!!), I will pay off as much as possible of ALL my debts. And, for the record, it is attainable!
2) Travel more. I have to get my Passport renewed, and that is step one. On the list, along with my road trip (BTW-probably not on a motorcycle this year, but in my trusty ‘Lil Blue Pegasus! I can make better time in the car seeing that Disney hasn’t given me all the time I need to be on a bike for such a jaunt. But more on that later. Also looking into Japan and the UK.
3) Physical Fitness. I will be posting my ‘before’ photos soon(taken 1-1-13), and by Sept 1, my goal will be in the best shape of my life. I plan on eating more at home, less out (also saving money). And to eat more healthy. Exercise is paramount in the one, with a workout plan is almost complete. I will also have exact starting weight and updating the journey. As an inspiration I am going to mold a fitness program but use parts of Bruce Wayne’s journey in Batman Begins.
4) Writing. This one is already in motion with one of my ideas from way back. It is a crossover between Doctor Who and Star Trek (But not like the comic-this is way darker). Also “The Reluctant Hero”, a dark pseudo-superhero story.
5) Spiritual. This is my internal journey, one I have been hiding from. I am going to explore this further, but to myself. Hence the ‘internal journey’ part.
6) Emotional. One of the most important things that defined 2012, was my depression fight. I lost the fight. But now, it’s a new year. I will fight and win this fight. I won’t let anything get me down.
I may add to this at a later date, but this is the basic list.
It’s going to be a work in progress, but with the hard work the rewards will be better.